1. Information we collect
Information we collect directly from Creators
We collect information relating to Creators from a variety of sources:
- Registration: Creators need a Survs account before they can create surveys on Survs. When Creators register we ask for username, email address, time zone, and password.
- Billing: When Creators decide to upgrade their account, we require them to provide: name, billing address, and credit card details.
- Address book: We allow Creators to import email addresses into a list of contacts so they can easily invite people to take surveys via email. We only use these email addresses to send email invitations on Creators' behalf and at their direction.
- Survey: We store Creators' survey data and provide analysis tools for them to use concerning this data.
Information we collect directly from Respondents
We collect information relating to Respondents from surveys hosted by Survs on behalf and upon instructions of the Survey Creator.
- Email address: We collect the email address if the Survey Creator provides it to us to send Respondents a survey invitation email. Respondents may opt-out of receiving email invitations to complete surveys that are sent by Survey Creators via Survs.
Information we collect indirectly from Creators and Respondents
- Analytics data: As is true of most websites, we gather certain analytics information automatically. This information is anonymous and includes IP address, browser type, and operating system.
2. How we use the information
We process personal data about Creators for a variety of purposes:
- To provide Creators with our services.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and prevent potentially illegal or abusive activity.
- To contact Creators about their service or account. We occasionally send communications (e.g., service-related announcements, changes to our services or policies, billing-related matters, a welcome email when Creators first register).
- To contact Creators for marketing purposes. We will only do this if Creators have consented to receive these communications. Creators may opt-out of these communications at any time by changing the relevant setting on the Profile page.
3. With whom do we share or disclose information
We do not share personal data with any third parties except in the following very limited circumstances:
- Manage customer support.
- Making credit card payments.
- Sending surveys by email to Respondents.
We enter into confidentiality and data processing terms with partners to ensure they comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practice in privacy and security standards and we regularly review these standards and practices.
We disclose Respondent survey responses to Survey Creators. We host surveys for Survey Creators, but they are the primary collector of survey data. Anything Respondents expressly disclose in survey responses will, naturally, be provided to Survey Creators. Please contact the Survey Creator directly to understand how they might share Respondent survey responses.
5. Security, cookies and other information
6. Additional information for European Union users
Survs is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This regulation is designed to give European Union citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive scheme.
Survs is the data controller for registration information and billing information that it collects from users. The data controller for survey data is the Survey Creator. The Survey Creator determines how their survey data is used and disclosed. Survs only process survey data in accordance with the Survey Creator's instructions.
European Union users have certain legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within 30 days of receiving a request.
Rights which you are entitled to are:
- Right to data access
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to rectification
- Right to data erasure
- Right to object to processing
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to data portability
Exercising your rights
Questions regarding GDPR can be directed to one of the following addresses:
Enough Pepper, Lda.
Lagoas Park 7, Piso 1 Sul
7. Contact Us