1. Information we collect
Information we collect directly from Users
We collect information relating to Users from a variety of sources:
- Registration information: Users need a Survs account before they can create surveys on Survs. We collect information about Users as they register for an account. This information includes username, email address, timezone and password.
- Billing information: When Users decide to upgrade their account, we require them to provide billing details, such as a name, credit card details and billing address.
- Contacts information: We allow Users to import email addresses into a list of contacts so they can easily invite people to take surveys via email. We only use these email addresses to send email invitations on Users' behalf and at their direction.
- Survey data: We store survey content and responses.
Information we collect directly from Respondents
We collect information relating to Respondents from surveys hosted by Survs on behalf and upon instructions of the Survey Creator.
- Email address: Survs records the email address if the Survey Creator provides it to us in order to send Respondents a survey invitation email. Respondents may opt out of receiving email invitations to complete surveys that are sent by Survey Creators via Survs.
Information we collect indirectly from Users and Respondents
Analytics data: As is true of most websites, we gather certain analytics information automatically. This information may include IP address, browser type, operating system and date/timestamp.
2. How we use information
We use the information we collect about Users for a variety of purposes:
- To provide Users with our services.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and prevent potentially illegal or abusive activity.
- To contact Users about their service or account. We occasionally send communications (e.g., service-related announcements, changes to our services or policies, billing-related matters, a welcome email when Users first register).
- To contact Users for marketing purposes. We will only do this if Users have consented to receive these communications. Users may opt-out of these communications at any time by changing the relevant setting on the Profile page.
3. With whom do we share or disclose information
We do not share personal information with any third parties except under very limited circumstances, such as to provide customer service and payment processing. These third parties are authorized to use Users' personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We disclose Respondent survey responses to Survey Creators. We host surveys for Survey Creators, but they are the primary collector of survey data. Anything Respondents expressly disclose in survey responses will, naturally, be provided to Survey Creators. Please contact the Survey Creator directly to understand how they might share Respondent survey responses.
4. Rights to information
- Update account details: Users can update registration and other account information on the Profile page and Account page. Information is updated immediately.
- Opt-out preferences: When Users register for an account, we may use their email address to send periodic emails. Users may opt out of promotional communications at any time by changing the relevant setting on the Profile page. We will also send service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send an email. Users do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional.
- Download/backup survey responses: We provide the ability to export survey responses in a variety of formats. This allows Users to create backups or work with data offline.
- Delete survey data: Users can delete survey data through the account's user interface.
- Delete the Survs account: Users can delete their Survs account at any time by contacting us. This will result in the deletion of their account and all survey data stored in it. This data cannot be recovered. Please be aware that Survs may for a time retain residual information in our backup and/or archival copies of our database which takes up to about 12 months to disappear.
- EU Users: Some Users have certain legal rights to obtain information of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. For some information, these rights may be exercised through the Account page or Profile page, and in all cases, requests to exercise these rights may be directed to our customer support team. We will respond to requests to exercise these rights within a reasonable time and, where required by law or where we deem it otherwise appropriate and practicable to do so, we will honor our Users' requests.
We have no direct relation with survey respondents. Respondents will need to contact the Survey Creator (the data controller) if they have any questions about the survey, or if they no longer like to be contacted by them, or if they want to access, update, or delete anything in their responses. If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We will not transfer survey response data to third parties. We will retain the Respondent's information for as long as needed to provide services to our Survey Creators. Survs will retain this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We provide Survey Creators with tools to maintain the responses they collect through their surveys. Survs cannot provide Respondents with this access since survey responses are the Survey Creator private information.
5. Security, cookies and other information
6. Additional information for European Union users
- Personal data: References to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to “personal data”.
- Accessing and correcting personal data: Users have the right to access and correct the personal information that Survs holds about them. This right may be exercised using the Survs user interface or by us at contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Survs is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This regulation is designed to give European Union citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive scheme.
Below are a few examples of initiatives we have taken to comply with GDPR requirements:
- Committing to follow any additional security and privacy measures required under GDPR.
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, committing to appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by GDPR. This includes Privacy Shield certification.
- Assisting concerning security and privacy of processing, notifying regulators of breaches, and promptly communicating any breaches to customers and user.
- Assisting with data processing security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and users.
- Ensuring Survs staff that access and process Survs customer personal data have been trained in handling that data and are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
We are committed to the protection of User data, which is why our Users can count on our commitment to GDPR compliance.
7. Contact Us